Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wasatch Broiler and Grill

We have been watching the remodel of the old Bahio's in the Union Heights shopping retail center on 13th East and about 77th South into a new Wasatch Broiler and Grill. It is a very tasteful and contemporary store with a nice upscale menu. Our group of five had the Calamari plate, the Blue Cheese Steak Salad, a Chicken Pasta dish, a New York Steak and I had the Beef Ribs and Chicken. The prices start at $10, but the portions are very generous and I could easily split a lunch meal there. Everyone loved their food. We chatted with the owner for a while. This is his fourth Wasatch venture and he is a pro. There is a good looking full bar there. I think you can guess which plate is which. I don't usually order beef ribs, but these were perfectly prepared and delicious. I think it is the same niche, feeling and pricing as nearby Porcupine and definitely a step or two food-wise above Iggy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment